eyword plays an important role in determining profitable markets and directly affects your search engine ranking.
To determine if there is a niche market in your keyword, perform a keyword research and check does it fulfill the following criteria:
- There are at least 50,000 searches for the topic or subject.
- The ratio between the number of searches to the number of search results should be more than 1, the higher the merrier. (i.e. high demand and low supply)
- You are able to build a list of more than 20 keywords related to the market/topic/subject you are researching on.
- The bigger your keyword list, the higher in the search engine you can rank and more visitors you can attract to your site.
- The higher the ratio of the number of searches to the number of search results, the more profitable is the niche market.
When performing keyword research, it is better to use keyword phrases rather than single keyword. A keyword phrase is less competitive, more topic-focused and more profitable. For example, the phrase “build gaming computer” is a better keyword than “gaming computer” than “computer”. A more topic-focused keyword phrase will attract more targeted visitors to your site.
Few tools you can use in your niche market research. You can use
- Yahoo! Search Marketing (formerly Overture)
- Google Adword Keyword research
- Oveture View Bids
If you want a comprehensive keyword research tool, use SearchIt! from Sitesell.com"Why build JUST a Web site...
when you COULD build a SUCCESSFUL Web BUSINESS?" - SBI! Site Build It!